Regardless of the age of the kids, the idea is to get comfortable and nurture the development of your child’s positive sexual values. Over a glass of wine or beer, we’ll talk about creating a relationship where your kids see you as their trusted support system when things get confusing and hard. Sessions can focus on:
- when and what to give young people as honest and accurate information so they don’t collect myths and half truths.
- helping kids develop the skills they need to navigate fulfilling and healthy relationships.
- equipping kids with tools to interpret messages they receive from movies, music and advertisements.
- sharing good internet and social media practices that are responsive to the hyper-sexualized world that we live in.
I’m happy to tailor sessions to the needs of participants. That may mean getting parents to answer a few questions in advance or have them send questions they specifically want addressed. Get in touch and we can tailor a program to meet the needs of your group.
Or, if you would like something more formal, consider a workshop, salon, or series focused on any of the following:
- Sexual Intelligence: Defining sexual values for raising kids
- Sexplain that! Raising sexually intelligent pre-schoolers
- Sexplain that! Raising sexually intelligent early elementary aged kids
- Sexplain that! Raising sexually intelligent middle schoolers
- Sexplain that! Raising sexually intelligent teens
- Teaching consent, healthy relationships, and negotiating what you want
- Gender, sexuality and biology: Helping our kids navigate gender roles, sexual attraction and sexual expression.
- Raising sexually intelligent kids in a media saturated world: Hypersexualization and our kids
- Porn Literacy for parents: Raising sexually intelligent kids in the www.xxx.com era
- Social Media: Building Sexual Intelligence despite (and with) Facebook, Snapchat, Texting and Twitter.
- Sexplaining for Dads: Raising your sexually intelligent kids one conversation at a time
Feel free to get in touch – info[at]sexplainer.com – and book a Salon or Workshop soon.